Thursday, December 5, 2013

Babysitters and B-DUBS.

Wednesday we met a potential babysitter for George.  This would be stressful even if we were back home in NC where we have a church youth group to pull from, cousins, family and friends and connections.  Here, we multiply that stress by, oh I'd say about a million.  I have been given several contacts for sitters but none has been quite right for one reason or another.  I even got on Care.com and found one who said her faith was an important part of who she was etc etc.  We met her and she was fine, but just not Corrie-Caliber. I coined that term in honor of our sitter who watched George full time from the time he was three months old until I lost my job.  Even then, she was so wonderful I still used her on a weekly basis because she was such a perfect fit for our family. More than a perfect fit, we had a connection and I couldn't imagine George's life without her in it by the time we moved.  I had just stopped the search for a Corrie-Caliber type sitter when the preschool newsletter about a sitter arrived in my inbox.  Since George and I are about to DIE for a date night, I called her that instant.  "No one else is going to get her first!" I thought.  And boy am I glad I did.  We met her yesterday and she is pretty darn close to Corrie-Caliber.  As soon as she walked in, she completely engaged George.  She did not ignore me, but he was her priority.  She was sweet and kind, and knew ALL the right things to say to a three year old little boy. I was amazed actually.  She stayed about an hour and George was upset when she left.  I called a few of her references and they know her family and have had her watch their kids so I know she's safe.  And here's something else: when I asked her how much she charged she said, "People usually pay me whatever they can. I am not money hungry so I take what they can pay". What? Are you kidding me?  I think 2$ / hour will do it. Ha Ha, only kidding. Childcare is worth every penny to get some time away as a couple.  We will pay her well.  And no, you cant have her number. I am greedy with my sitters. Ha. I am full of jokes today.
As if that were not enough to complete my day, we were able to watch my beloved Tarheels play the Spartans. First, BW3s indeed had the game on. Check. George discovered the touch screen video monitor on the table and was happy to type in his "user name" and "passcode"the entire time.  We got wings, beer, salsa and chips and I even got a black bean burger to pick at.  And then the W.  Number one Michigan State falls to the mighty TARHEELS!!!! What a night.  I was in heaven.  Heaven!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you found a sitter! That is HUGE! Yeah, girl, you better get on back to your home state... the Heels are cookin with gas!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete