Monday, October 28, 2013

Fear # 2 - Contributions

I have very wise family and friends.  I wanted to share a few comments that were sent to me via email about my last post about fear. I loved these thoughts so much I wanted to share them with all my readers. They are very rich and encouraged me.  I asked permission and they said sure- so here you go:



1.  What a perfect subject for Halloween--the holiday of fear!  I've been told that "Do not fear" is the most often repeated commandment in the Bible.  Yet I do not know a single person who has totally conquered it unless it was the early martyrs and I don't  really know them. I've also been told that God is the only "person" who has never had to take a risk (because He always knows the outcome and we don't.)  For some reason God created us to be risk takers because He did not give us the ability to know the future.  I'm going to ask HIm about this one day!  :)Thank you for another very strong message--this time on replacing fear with a trust in the Lord. I need that reminder!!!!!!


2.  Love this from Joyce Meyers "giving into fear alters God's best plan for your life. So use the power of God's word to do what HE wants you to do....even if you have to do it afraid."


3.  What a brave and vulnerable post. I am proud of you. LAX is a very BIG airport....the 6th largest in the world according to the site I just looked at. It is a lot to deal with while keeping your eye on George the whole time.

I am a scaredy cat too about some things. I have a BAD sense of direction. There have been a couple times in my life when I was hopelessly lost while driving.   No one was happier about a GPS than me. 

 I am terrified of snakes. The thought of them grips me in fear and panic. I don't like them in movies, on tv, in National Geographic, in zoos, rubber ones in gift shops, out on a path, smashed in the street, though I like them the least bad that way.

My growing up years were not loving and peaceful and calm. This has resulted in some fear.

My favorite verses on fear:

For God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind.
2 Timothy 1:7

Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world.
1 John 4:4

We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
II Corinthians 10:5

Therefore put on the whole armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything to stand.
Ephesians 6:13

Our minds can be a fierce battleground but we have God given tools to enable us to stand.


4.  Becca, I am laughing , not at what happened to you but this has been my life with 2, not 1, children and the lessons are huge in the meantime.  I almost went to jail in LA because of the rudeness of security and after 2 days of trying to get out of there stand by, I had had it. Not a good time to cross me! My shoes were not lined up right on the security belt and I did not push them forward correctly. Seriously! Flash the inner demon!  Yes, I lost it! I have also flown cross country soaked in urine, breastfed between 2 men (obviously I was in a middle seat- something I said I would never do in public on a plane) and so many other stories!     So I am thankful that you have survived and found some deep spiritual lessons in all of this   I love you and see what a great mom you are and how God is growing your independence and preparing you for the life ahead.  Always here for you and have a myriad of airplane distractions and stories we'll share over some GOOD coffee!  Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment