Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Picture Perfect

The last post was so easy I decided to do it again! Here are some pictures from the Dodgers game that didn't make it into my previous Dodgers post.  



This is MY glove.  I caught him playing with the leather ties that I used to play with and chew on during games.  This picture is worth more to me than anyone could imagine.  I sure hope he wants to play baseball someday, that would make me one happy momma!




The view from the Dodgers Stadium parking lot of downtown LA

The above was taken after we all threw a ball to see how fast our "fastball" was.  I would like to report that I think it was broken because I only threw it 55mph.  I think I can do better than that!




This past weekend we decided to take the Metro to The Luggage Room (a pizza place three stops away).  The Palmer family joined us and we all had a really fun time.  The kids loved the train, the adults loved the pizza and we all enjoyed a (free) cookie (or two) from the cookie jar at the hostess stand!

The boys and their daddies on the train

Me and miss priss Lena

This was a treat to get a picture with this cutie!


The crew (minus the photographer, Maynell, and Lena)

Mothers day was GLORIOUS.  George told me not to expect a gift, but to spend the day how I pleased.  I made a bee-line for Intelligentsia Coffee at 7:00 am, then found this amazing spot in the pictures below.  Arlington Botanical Gardens. What an oasis in the middle of a large city!  I spent about an hour there as I prayed, meditated and just recharged my Mommy batteries.  I then went for a run and returned home for a quick shower.  We made it to church and then I talked the boys into a lunch at the gardens.  We came home to change for an afternoon at the beach, but before we knew it, we were all asleep! After a family walk, the boys went to their favorite burger place, Hi Life, and I went over to Maynell's for a glass of wine and a long talk.  Friends are great, friends down the street are greater, and Christian friends-down the street-with wine are the BEST.
I love this chair.  

Me on Mothers day, enjoying some peace

Prayer/Meditation labyrinth at Arlington Botanical Gardens

I love this chair

The reason I can enjoy mothers day is a boy who loves to wear cowboy boots, a superman cape and who, at any given moment, has three to six sticks in his immediate vicinity. He's the quintessential three-year old little boy.  I love this child.  He's special, he's mine, and he makes me who I am- a Mommy.  What on earth would I be without him?






No comments:

Post a Comment