Monday, June 23, 2014

Best Birthday Weekend Ever!

Saturday, May 24th I went out with some amazing ladies for my 32nd birthday.  Monica, Maynell, Jennie and Stephanie (Berkeley) met me at The Raymond for cocktails and appetizers.  Its been so long, I can't even remember what delicious things we consumed.  Jennie (whom I would never see pregnant again) had to leave because, well, she was 39 weeks pregnant and all.  We all understood!  Before we left I was overwhelmed with one thought:

When I moved here I had no idea I would make even ONE good friend.  Here I sit, at a table with four amazing women-all completely different from one another- and I will cry my eyes out when I say good bye to them.  They are all TRUE friends.  Friends I can confide in, be myself around, friends who ask me for favors and in return give me more than I gave in the first place.  These women are all gifts from God.

Ok, so that was a few thoughts, but basically I felt so loved and honored that these ladies would gather around me to celebrate my birthday.  We caught a "Lyft" and planned to go to Pop- a champagne and dessert place.  Well, they were booked so we ended up at The Blind Donkey- a whisky bar.  Ha! Thats these women though- always up for whatever- flexible.  They find themselves just as comfortable in a whiskey bar as a champagne and dessert place.  Love them.  We had a blast and made it back to our street for a nightcap at Stephanie's place.  Lots of laughs that night! What a perfect birthday dinner.







Sunday was my actual birthday and we woke up and decided to go to San Diego for the day.  We started out at Union Bakery and got ham and cheese croissants, chocolate croissants and coffee.  George got a huge cookie and an orange juice.  We drove for a couple of hours and made it to the beach in San Diego.  We have wonderful friends who relocated to San Diego the same time we came to LA for the same reasons. L will finish a Sports Ortho fellowship in July and was a resident with George.  We got really close to L and A during residency and though we would see each other all the time out west.  Go figure, this was our first trip to see them. L was able to get us tickets to a Padres game and we had a great time. What a perfect birthday present!!  We spent the night with them and they had quite a collection of kid movies for George to pick from so we chose How to Train Your Dragon.  I couldn't believe it but little George made it all the way through the movie.  What a big day for that little trooper. A two hour car ride, a four hour game, a two hour wait in line at an awesome taco place, a late but worth-the-wait dinner, and then finally a bath and movie started at 9pm.  He slept in the bed with the two of us and it was hilarious.  He, of course, slept sideways with his feet on me and head on George.  So funny.  Monday we woke up and went to get coffee and breakfast.  Then we headed to the San Diego Zoo.  You pretty much have to go if you are anywhere close to San Diego.  We stayed ALL day.  It was truly amazing.  The Polar Bears were my favorite.  Little George liked the gondola ride and big George liked the parrots the best.  We drove home after a long day and all fell into bed after  I made a batch of cookies for the director of George's preschool.  What a birthday weekend!!

George and L eating tacos
Mr. Hippo at the Zoo






No comments:

Post a Comment