Sunday, January 19, 2014

Great Day and Lots to Look Forward To

Great day!  George had to go in Saturday night again- and then got two calls during the night and ended up at the hospital this morning too.  So how is this a good day you ask?? Because before he went  in he spent a few minutes with me, his wife, on the back patio.  He said the infected finger could wait while he shared just one cup of coffee with me.  I felt special. Then I took Georgie on a run in the stroller and big George made it back in time for church. Great sermon, great fellowship, and lots of doughnuts were devoured.  When we got back home, we shared lunch on the patio and then I got both boys down for a nap.  I made cookies for a girl who was in an accident on the freeway (yikes) and started dinner prep.  We had friends from down the street over for dinner.  If you know me, you know that being a hostess is something I really enjoy.  I mean, I really really really enjoy it!! It may also surprise you folks who know me that we have only had one other couple over for dinner one other time since we moved here.  I have a lot of catching up to do!  I cleaned and straightened up just a little bit and prepared a fajita feast and brownies for dessert. George went for a run and then was off to a small group discussion for church. Our guests brought a good bottle of wine and blackberries.   Their two little ones were excited to play with Georgie.  The kids watched a movie while we appetized and eventually had dinner on the back patio.  It was a mild night so we were all fine in a light jacket.  I lit a couple candles and we have our patio lights and a few extra strings of lights that I put up when we moved in because I figured we'd entertain more than we actually have.  It made for quite an atmosphere.  Wonderful conversation, lots of laughs, good food, a full moon and great weather made for a pretty spectacular night.  After they left to put their kiddos in bed, I cleaned up while George put the little guy down.  He cried a little while for mommy but it was a small price to pay for a little bit of respite from the normal routine.  And to top it all off,  Zoe's mom texted me and asked if George and I wanted some time alone tomorrow.  She agreed to take George for a few hours while we have a lunch date.  Tomorrow sounds like a good day too, right?!?

Actually this whole week will be fun.  Monday is a holiday and like I said, I have a date for lunch.  Tuesday night we have a babysitter and a dinner at George's boss' home.  Friday night I get to play hostess again for four fun ladies and Saturday is Evie's birthday party.  Then Sunday, one week from today, we get to take Georgie to the ski slopes for his first ever experience.  He's as excited as ever, but big George and I have this sort-of play argument about whether our son should ski or snowboard.  I guess we will just have to see what he picks.  Then when we return we have a four day week before its February y'all!  Where is the time going?  Seriously, where??

No comments:

Post a Comment