Thursday, January 30, 2014

Social Butterfly Me.


Well, hello blogosphere! Its me, Becca, did you forget about me?

This has been a week full of excitement plus sickness which makes for little time for blog posts.

Last Monday, MLK day, George and I were treated to a lunch date because Zoe's mom invited Georgie to play at their house.  We had a lovely lunch together but I must confess, we have almost forgotten how to have an adult conversation.  We are out of practice because of the usual interruptions provided by the three year old whirlwind that is our son.  After lunch, we stepped inside a men's clothing store and George picked out some really stylish pants.  They fit him perfectly, were on sale, and its close enough to Valentines day to call them a Valentines Day gift! Score!
We met Zoe and her mom at Buster's for ice-cream and then took the boys home to nap.
Something else happened today but I want to save it as a surprise for another post.

Tuesday night we had a very nice catered dinner at George's boss' house.  I got to dress up and Lauren and I got really excited over the prospects of new homes as we shared with each other some of our favorites.  We squealed once and people stared. yep. sure did.  

Wednesday, Zoe came over to play at our house and her mommy got a free couple of hours because it was her birthday. It was only fair.

Friday I had some ladies over for appetizers and wine.  It was a great time but our "ladies night" turned into a guys night out.  We ended up with six kids and four moms.  George went out to get Chinese with Tyler because it wasn't fair to make him drink wine with the ladies nor was it fair to put him in charge of six kids while we kicked our feet up.  So thats how that happened.

Saturday morning I went for a run and then met Lauren at one of my favorite stores here to use my Christmas gift card.  We had a wonderful time and got a couple great deals since it was 70% at several stores this weekend.  I got a lovely black and gold dinner jacket that I cant wait to take out to dinner.  Lauren got a great one shoulder tank from the Lilly Store.  Yes, there's a Lilly store here in Pasadena.  They play country music in there and the clerk is from WILSON NC and her husband is from CARTHAGE NC. Let me tell y'all something, I was born in Carthage and lived there until I was in second grade and then moved to Rocky Mount, NC where I grew up. Wilson is the neighboring town. You just can't make this stuff up!! Its a small world, after all, its a small world after all, its a small world after all its a small world after all!! So needless to say I feel right at home when I shop there.

Then I met my boys at Evie's Repunzel Birthday Party.  It was the cutest party I have been to in a very long time. Everything was princess/knight themed with Repunzel being the star of the princess regime.
George left early to play tennis with a friend from work and then had tacos afterwards. I was so glad he was able to do something fun with a friend.  He never gets to do stuff like that!  I came home to watch Zoe while her mom had a birthday massage.  George got lots of Zoe time this week.  He just can't get enough of that girl!  They tell each other, "I love you…I love you too" and even have shared a couple of kisses.  So precious.


This one was at Zoe's house.




No comments:

Post a Comment