Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Joint Juice

Recipe Alert!

A friend told me about a good combination for joint pain- Fresh Tumeric and Flax Oil.  Since my back and shoulders have been achy for weeks now, I decided to try it out.  I did find Flax Oil at the grocery store (it happened to jump right out at me the day after my conversation about it). I have not yet begun the search for fresh turmeric but I do have powdered turmeric for my Indian inspired dishes.

After mixing a few different recipes for caesar dressings I had success with my own version. Here you go!

Joint Juice Salad Dressing for Old Ladies Falling Apart

Aka Tumeric and Flax Oil Caesar Dressing


5 T Plain Greek Yogurt- any fat content you want
1/4 cup lemon juice- please use fresh squeezed-about 2 lemons, its so much better!
1 T Worchestershire Sauce
1 T Balsamic Vinegar
1 medium to large garlic clove- roughly choppped
1 tsp mustard- I wanted to use Dijon but was fresh out, so used yellow and it turned out great
1 T Turmeric
2 T flax oil (or more, whatever consistency you like)
S&P to taste- I used a mixture of truffle salt and sea salt


Use food processor and blend until consistency is much like salad dressing.

Tonight, I plan to sauté some kale and onion and dress it up with this miracle dressing (fingers crossed).  Maybe a veggie burger or some tofu on the side for protein.
Lets see if George will eat it, then it really will be a miracle recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment