Monday, April 7, 2014

The Edwards' Visit


I had the pleasure of the company of my inlaws the last week of March.  We had a fabulous time and if I wrote about each detail, I would need yet another recovery week, so here are some highlights in picture form.  We had the most fabulous time but the only problem is that now everyone who has visited must come back because my in-laws got the best trip.  Finally, after nine months, George and I know where to go and how to get there and feel relatively comfortable on the freeways.  So everyone else, go ahead and make your travel plans.  Keep in mind we leave here in July!

George and "the fish"  at Red-O.  This was our one date night and I picked this restaurant in West Hollywood to try.  It did not disappoint, the service and food were excellent.  I must tell you that they had a 100$ Margarita on the menu called "The Benjamin".  "The Benjamin" was  filled with super fancy tequila and rimmed with gold instead of salt and served on a silver platter.  Obvi- we did not get that particular Marg.  That night on our way home, as we sat at a stoplight  George started to pump the breaks. I was like, "What are you doing? Stop that" and he was like, "What am I doing? What are YOU doing"…confused? We were too.  I got a text two minutes later from my friend down the street. It read, "Are you ok?"  Whoa. That was an earthquake. It was a longer one and registered 5.1 on the RS.  Crazy Right?

I loved how this shot turned out.  Taken from the backseat and behind the glass with my trusty iPhone. This is so hollywood (and you can even see the sign in the background).

This was after we hiked up to the observatory to view the Hollywood sign.  Its small, but it is there behind us.  The first three days they were here, George had to work, so I set out to entertain and I think they really liked this day.  We did a LOT of walking.  George did not want his picture taken. Try to ignore him in this particular photo.

The same day as the Hollywood sign hike, we visited Huntington Gardens.  Amazing and huge, I had never been here.  We had lunch at a cafe on the grounds and then walked all through the gardens.  Truly beautiful!

This was the first full day they were here. I just had to take them to one of my favorite coffee spots, Intelligentsia.  We filled up on espresso and practiced being "hip" until Georgie started to down the sugar packets one after another.  He got a little crazy and our "hip" facade vanished. I think it vanished when Dr. E and I both got bug-eyed over a 12 dollar cup of Joe but maybe they didn't see that….

Just a gorgeous palm tree on my walk yesterday. Had to throw that in.

Here we are on our last night, the most special night of all.  We got a babysitter for the little guy and then went to Perch, a rooftop bar that looks out onto downtown LA.  After one drink (and seeing my sister in law's doppelganger) we headed to dinner at Cafe Pinot where we shared a bottle of wine and had the best food wed tasted all week.  It was so good to sit around the table and talk like adults.  Most of all, after a whole week together we still were able to completely and utterly enjoy each other's company.  I cried when they left and that is worth mentioning…simply because how many people are blessed enough to love their in-laws and enjoy them as much as I do? Thats a real blessing, ya'll…..

and I am pretty sure I saw Tom Cruise at our lunch on Rodeo Drive.  What do you think?  Actually, I did see him, I don't want anyone's negative comments.  I saw him, OK? 

No comments:

Post a Comment