Saturday, November 23, 2013

ONE more day.

Mark your calendars for Monday at noon.  Finally I will be free of the chains!  I will have to go under anesthesia but the procedure will only take about fifteen minutes.  George took the day off so everything is squared away.  Tomorrow is my last full day of this torture.  I know it will not be an easy week as my gums heal from four screw holes and as my jaws remember how to chew but I just feel like it cannot be much worse.  I hesitate to say that…. and I will certainly let you know if I am right or wrong.  Today I busied myself with a coffee date with a new friend, a Target run and a pie.  I still love to bake, even when I cannot eat the finished product.  The pie looks beautiful and the coffee date was really fun but the Target run was the low point.  I am still not quite sure how it happened but George ended up with tee-tee in his eye (as well as a lot of other places).  It was not pretty.  Should I even publish this?  Its reality folks, I might as well.  Life is not all unicorns and rainbows.  Sometimes it includes public bathroom chaos.

Last night I made chocolate sauce that you are supposed to put on ice cream.  I ate half the jar with a spoon.  Today I made one of my favorite peanut butter dips.  You are supposed to dip graham crackers and fruit in the cream cheese, PB, and brown sugar mixture.  I think you know where this is going.  I am in full survival mode over here.  I am so over creative meals.  If you are out there with a broken jaw reading this post, just put peanut butter in the microwave and you are good to go.  Add some nutella if you want to get fancy.  Eat as much as you want.   Ok, enough of my rant.  If you don't mind, please say a prayer for us all on Monday.  Ta Ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment