Friday, November 8, 2013

Smooth Move God

Thursday was a good day. My mouth feels so much better as does the rest of me.  I felt like I could run so I tried.  I went about 5 minutes and it felt pretty good to move my legs.  The only problem is that I cannot breathe through my teeth enough to run to far or fast or uphill.  Thats okay I guess. Maybe I will try again in a couple of days.

After George's nap we had some FaceTime with Grammy.  Thank goodness for technology!! It was so good to see her face!  We then went to the Farmers Market in search of some supper.  I have to be honest, I did not expect to find a thing that would suffice for myself.  I hoped I would find a fresh juice at least.  While George was in line for his rotisserie chicken and potatoes - does anything smell quite as good as Rotisserie chicken and onion and potatoes?- I sauntered over to the Gastrobus where I usually find someone absolutely wonderful to eat.  I only went to check out the menu and drool.  Well, wouldn't you know it, they had a soup and a smoothie tonight.  Literally the menu is about 10 items at the very most, so to have soup and a smoothie was something!  I asked if the soup was pureed and the girl said sadly it was not.  But the smoothie I could eat, so I got it.  Banana, kale and dates!! What a combo.  It was really good but a little chunky and seed ridden (This reminds me of something that happened yesterday to me: if any one ever has their mouth wired shut here's a word to the wise -Chia seeds expand.  Do I need to explain? Just don't do it.)
So once again, the Lord showed he cares for me by the way he placed a unique and fun smoothie on the menu just for me. Thanks God!

So we had fun and then went home.  Although the smoothie was good, I was still hungry so ate two more mugs of the soup I made most recently.  Butternut Squash and apple!   Try it, its wonderful!!

Friday morning George woke me up and said, "I'm leaving, but little George is eating breakfast- just wanted you to know".  So I took about 5 minutes to get out of bed and then walked into the kitchen to find George perched in our recliner with his Halloween basket.  He had retrieved it himself.  It's like 6:30 in the morning y'all.  Too funny.  I said, "What on earth are you doing?"  He replied, "I ate my lunch, so I'm getting a treat".  Duh Mommy...  Since I was not awake enough to protest, he proceeded to eat his treat while I poured my first cup of coffee. I looked over and there was his plate, empty except for the crust of his egg sandwich,  exactly where I tell him to put it on the side of the sink.  He's a good boy and a crunch bar at 6:30 am never hurt ANYBODY.

The first week of an injury like mine is definitely the worst.  The second week is hard for different reasons but nowhere near as bad as that first week.  Here's hoping that the third and fourth weeks fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment