Wednesday, September 18, 2013

ACTION!!

Tuesday was George's second day of school by himself.  He did great, again!  I am so proud of him.  He asked me if I would stay but when I told him I could not he asked the nearest lucky adult to "pway wif  me".  Then I had plans with my other George!  We met for coffee because George is on a "half stay-cation" this week.  His boss is on vacation so he has no scheduled surgeries.  George has only gone into work to check on and discharge patients from last week.  So we were able to have a quiet morning coffee date and it was marvelous! I found out later that his dad surprised his mom and came home early from work to take her to lunch the same day.  I then thought about the time difference and wondered if maybe both George's took their wives out on an unexpected date at the same exact time.  Our coffee date at 9:00 am would mean lunch for Raleigh at 12 noon.  Possible!  I checked out some of the boutiques nearby and had a nice time as I shopped for a few things without an extra accessory on my arm in the form of a little boy.  I wish that look would become trendy.  I'd have it DOWN.  I'd be on the cover of EVERY magazine.    

When we both picked George up, we realized that he was the "leader" of the day.  So I went over to him on the shapes mat and said, "Hi! You were the leader?" and continued to ask him questions about his day as he stared straight ahead.  I thought he was tired or maybe just in a stubborn mood but finally he said, "Mommy, tap me on the shoulder". So I did and he popped up so fast that he almost busted my lip and hugged my neck as tight as he ever has.  Precious thing, it was all he could do to follow directions to "wait until mommy taps you on the shoulder to pop up and give her a hug".  So sweet.  And I am so impressed with how well he listens and follows directions. Whats the trick? How can I get him to listen and follow them like that at home?? Geesh, these teachers have some magic up their sleeves.   Next time I will remember to tap him first thing, so he does not have to go through that display of will power again.  We all came home and took a nap after lunch together on the patio.  

Today,Wednesday, we met a friend at the park and there were signs up everywhere. The signs indicated that the area would be filmed so if you did not want to be in the background, not to enter.  No one seemed to notice but me. I was fascinated by the whole idea.  I even googled the name of the show/movie.  I could hear them as they yelled "ACTION" and "CUT".  I grinned to myself and tried to blend in but I was absolutely thrilled.  It was the first time I have ever seen that, but it is such a part of life here.  It is the second time this week I have seen police as they direct traffic and boom trucks as they film in our neighborhood.  LA is just full of artists.  Constant production, constant entertainment, constant motion.  It's really neat to be a part of a culture like this.  


1 comment: