Monday, September 16, 2013

AHHHHHHH, how refreshing!


Saturday was filled with laughter and good times!   We spent all day at the Santa Monica Pier.  My friend and college room mate Mary and her fiancé were in Santa Monica for a wedding the same weekend as our dear friends Elizabeth and Stephen had planned to visit.  Both Georges, Mary and I rode bikes on the boardwalk in the morning and played on Muscle Beach.  We did the rings, the swings, the monkey bars and the balance beam and also saw some amazing kids do their thing at the skate park.  Mary and I had so much good time to catch up while we rode along the shore.  Then we met Elizabeth and Stephen and their friends, Dan and Denise, for lunch.  For lunch we had ah-maz-ing tacos (and even bloody marys at lunch time).  I got veggie tacos and they were to-die-for.  On the way to lunch, we saw the bird man again and he let little George hold his red parrot.  I hope our friends will send some pictures of that because I was unable to get a photo.  Mainly because the bird decided it liked me better and sat on my shoulder forever.  After lunch we said goodbye to Mary and borrowed a volleyball from some die-hard players who had an arsenal of extras.   We played beach volleyball for a little while and it was so so so much fun!  Our team lost but it was probably my fault because I had to serve with a little monkey attached to my front (little G).  Since George had been so good, we let him go on a ride at the pier and got some fresh fruit to snack on for the looooooong drive back.  Traffic was terrible and by the time we returned home, we were all exhausted.  The boys had planned to go to the Dodgers game so they took showers and Elizabeth and I decided to get some take out.  As it turned out, the game was sold out by the time they got there, so the boys returned and we grilled out on the back patio and continued to giggle and reminisce about times gone by.  George at one point looked at me and said, "I have not seen you like this in months".   It has been awhile since I've worn a smile this big.  Laughter is good medicine.  Such a great day with friends!!

Sunday was full of sabbath, and this has quickly become my favorite day of our week.  We go to church and return to a simple cold lunch.  We either nap or read together and other than this we try to do as little as possible.  I pray we will be able to continue this when we return.  It rejuvenates us so completely and we forget how much we need sabbath in our busy busy lives.  You should try it, its really nice!




1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see that same smile over Thanksgiving!! Get ready for some brownstuhnssssss! Among other t-giving things!!

    ReplyDelete