Friday, August 16, 2013

30 minutes of Grace

Last night was tough. Georgie will not go to sleep without me in the room so I tried to be strict and let him cry it out.  He screamed for what seemed like forever and finally cried himself to sleep around 10:00 pm while I was in the room.  I said, "Lord, let this child sleep so I can get up in the morning" I am REALLY trying to get on a schedule that includes a little bit of time in the Word each morning.  Well, instead of sleeping in after a late night of crying, George woke up at 4:30 and came in our room. I tried to talk him into going back to sleep but he was not interested.  I shot off another one of those half awake arrow prayers again "Lord, please?"  And miraculously (I say it was a miracle because I know my child and once he's up- HE'S UP, I can promise you that) after an hour of being awake he closed his little eyes and went back to sleep. I slept 30 more minutes and then God woke me up via parrot at 6:00 am sharp for my morning time with him.  Then he gave me this:

"In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat- for he grants sleep to those he loves...
Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the (wo)man whose quiver is full of them".

Basically translated, "I love you Becca, quit your worrying and quit your whining. I've got your back. I have covered all your needs- sleep, food, a son...done. Just trust me and trust that I know what you need. George is a blessing, enjoy him always, even in the middle of the night"

Thanks God for 30 more minutes of grace.

1 comment:

  1. Becca this is wonderful! I love it. You and Marty and George Sr. All authors. Keep it up. Don't skip a single detail.

    ReplyDelete