Sunday, August 18, 2013

Feeling settled

8/2
Dean arrived!! We are SO glad to have our little family of four back together again. A dog is so good for the soul.

8/4
Started this wonderful Sunday by finding the running trail.  I ran for 1 hour and 45 minutes (with a few stops along the way because I had to ask for directions). 
Went to Calvary Presbyterian today.  Beautiful church, amazing music, sermon was ok, people were so nice but mostly an older crowd, which is no big deal for George and me, but little George went up to children's church all by himself and then played in the nursery all by himself too.  We will probably look somewhere else for some young families we can pal around with.

Went to dinner at La Fiesta which looked from the outside like our usual go to for a cheaper meal out as a family. It was great but not necessarily a cheaper option.  But first meal out in South Pas was a success. 

8/5 Had to call home to good 'ol State Employees Credit Union because of some lost checks. Called after hours of course because I haven't quite mastered the time change.  I talked to the most golden Southern accent I have ever heard. Or do I just notice because I have been gone a few weeks? I could have stayed on the phone forever.  Usually those phone calls get rushed and I try my hardest to make them as short as possible.  I totally dragged it out. He couldn't really help me and whereas if I had talked to someone with sas or attitude I would have been quite upset (thats a good p.c. word for it I guess) but I was just like, " Oh thats alright....no problem at all...Anything you want to try and sell me, I will probably sit here as long as you keep talking with that accent". Guess I didn't know I would miss it so much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment