Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pizza Movie NIght

Friday 8/23
We have adopted a tradition from some dear friends of ours back home in Durham.  Every Friday night since we have been here, the three of us have settled in to a good kid movie and some homemade pizza, aka "PizzaMovieNight". It is pronounced all in one breath.  I say good kid movie but in actuality I have not loved a single one. The first night, George insisted on the "dinosaur" movie - "Night at the Museum". It was ok but I think maybe a little too intense/scary for him which we knew, but he insisted. The second Friday we decided Dumbo was a good pick, animated, sweet and older. Talk about SAD. I had forgotten what an incredible downer that movie is.  And what is up with that tripped out scene that lasts forever when Dumbo and his mouse friend drink booze.  George was so confused, "Mom, why do they look like that? Where's dumbo's mommy?" Not really a great pick. So tonight we tried to watch the Fox and the Hound.  It was not that much better on the sad and scary front.  George asks some BIG questions for such a little boy.  If anyone wants to send us a care package, we'll take a good "Little Mermaid" or "Beauty and the Beast" or "101 Dalmations". We can not seem to find the good ones on Netflix.  At least our pizza was good!




Fresh tomato basil and chèvre, with roasted garlic topped with balsamic  on a garlic/herb crust






Roasted veggie with goat cheddar, olive oil and red pepper flakes on whole wheat



Since I do not do furniture or makeup, this is my "before and after". And yes I do take pictures of my food, I am not afraid to admit it. You might see more of our meals than you care to if you follow this blog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment