Monday, August 19, 2013

Sweet Sweet Sweet!

8/15
George went to sleep without me last night! It amazed me because I had all but given up hope in that.  I had asked my friends to pray about that because its been my only complaint so far about our time here.  When I lay with little George until he falls asleep, I usually fall asleep and that means when I emerge, big George is already in bed and sometimes asleep.  So that does not look very sustainable for a marriage with a fellow who works all day, some weekends and sometimes doesn't make it home for dinner, now does it?  We need time together and since we do not have babysitters here, our time alone has to be our evenings.  Well, ladies and gents, thanks for your prayers because here's how last night went:
Bath, stories, songs and prayers....then that little voice out of the darkness says "Mommy? I cant see my water cup". Don't ask me what made me think of this as a way out but I replied, "Ok, well would you like me to leave so you can see your water cup?" (I am between him and his night side table, where his water cup lives). "Yes, mom"  "Alright, well goodnight then, I love you, see you in the morning"  "Wove you too mommy, see you in the morning".  That was it! Done. And after three spilled water cups, and one unnecessary pull-up change he was asleep within 30 minutes just like we used to do in Durham.  All I did was give up and give it to God and look what God did.  He took care of it. Praise God!

Thursday morning we celebrated George's sleep victory by indulging in a few cartoons.  So proud of him.  And after his nap we walked to the Farmer's Market and bought way too much. Then we were hungry so we split a Salvadorian bean and cheese pupusa from a food truck whose line was too long for it not to be good. We got two lemonades, watermelon for George and four berry for me. For dessert, banana ricotta doughnut holes with nutella dipping sauce from the Gastrobus.  Whoa. Better eat fast little man cause mama's got GAME when it comes to doughnut holes with nutella dipping sauce. I loved it when we finished and George looked at me and said, "Mom- you got chocolate on your face" to which I replied, "You do too honey".Then he said, "No I don't" and giggled and grinned so big with chocolate everywhere.  We sat and watched the trains and then walked home with our spoils...our tummies full and our spirits high.
His prayers tonight were too sweet not to mention. Must have been that nutella sauce....
Shout outs to Grammy, Lauren (that she wont cry because I pray for her EVERY night), Gdaddy, Harrison, his pirate ship (and daddy who put it together).  Had to fall asleep with him tonight but I hardly cared...he's growing up too fast and nights like this will not be here for long.

1 comment:

  1. Awww. Love the choc face image. But,,, I am so sad he has forgotten nana a nd papa.:'(

    ReplyDelete